Codex Beauty’s facialist ambassador shares easy (and relaxing) tips to refresh your skin at home because we could all use some TLC.
Now that we’re all practicing social distancing and beauty spas have shut down across the world, it’s a good time to do some self-care at home. Facialist Nachi Kanemaru Glick, whose clients include Julia Restoin Roitfeld and Emmy Rossum, shows us a simple four-step routine you can do in 10 minutes (but, you know, feel free to take longer!). Your skin will feel rested, rejuvenated and brighter, and hopefully so will your mood.
Step 1: Do a Deep Cleanse
Deep cleansing helps remove makeup, dead skin, and dirt from pores. Make this step a little luxury time for yourself, before taking a bath or shower.
- Wet a towel with hot water. The warm steam from the towel is critical—it helps soften the pores and skin. Plus, the heat helps loosen tension from facial muscles. Wrap your entire face with the hot towel and leave it on for 3 minutes.
- Place three to five drops of Bia Wash Off Cleansing Oil in your hands, rub your palms together, and use your fingertips and palms to massage the oil into your skin for about 30 seconds. Afterward, rinse your face with warm water.
Step 2: Gently Exfoliate
I always recommend that client do a double cleanse to really clean pores so your skin looks refreshed and energized—and it’s easier for skincare products to absorb well. Bia Exfoliating Wash has natural jojoba grains that remove debris and also seal in moisture so you won’t strip your skin.
- Apply aquarter-size amount of the exfoliating wash, using the same massage technique as above. After 30 to 60 seconds, rinse your face and pat dry.
Step 3: Massage and Tone
This combination of moves will lift, tone and firm your face.
- To plump skin and make it superglowy, combine three pumps of healing Bia Skin Superfood with five to 10 drops of dew-enhancing Bia Facial Oil in your palm: sweep over your face, massaging it in with upward motions (for advanced lifting, follow this advice).
Step 4: Energize Eyes
The last thing to do is treat your eyes, an often-overlooked part of a skincare routine that can really make a difference in making you look rested and healthy.
- Spread a pea-sized amount of Bia Eye Gel Cream under each eye to de-puff and tone this area.
- Gently tap the cream in with your fingertips—you don’t want to rub or tug since the skin here is so delicate. The tapping motion helps the moisturizing ingredients penetrate, smoothing out the appearance of wrinkles and creases.
And you’re done! Now you’ve got shiny and glowing skin from the comfort of your home.
Stock up on more healthy skin essential here.